Why Choose The Powell Group
The sale of an active business is more effectively managed by a professional business broker who is experienced in all aspects of the transaction. Buying and selling a business demands a level of expertise that you get from seasoned Business Brokers. We are one of the largest and most successful business brokerage firms in North America with business brokers conveniently located throughout the United States and Canada.
There are over 30 million businesses in the United States and Canada today. Forty percent of business owners expect to sell their business within the next three years.
Service & Expertise
For business owners considering the sale of their company, Murphy’s experienced business brokers will provide the following services:
- Determine the market value of the business to be sold
- Prepare an informational package describing the business to be sold
- Market to prospective buyers on behalf of the seller on a confidential basis
- Qualify prospective buyers on their financial capability and their sincerity in buying
- Assist the seller in evaluating offers and negotiating terms of the transaction
- Facilitate the consummation of the transaction in conjunction with the seller’s tax and legal advisors
Identifying the Buyers
- Corporate Executives
- Small Group Buyers
- Private Equity Groups
- Public Companies
- Industry Companies
- Synergistic Buyers
- High Net Worth Buyers
8 Basic Steps to Selling a Business
- Execute a Non-Disclosure Agreement from Murphy Business brokerage firm to the owner
- Gather and examine company historical and financial data
- Determine fair market value and terms
- Enter into an engagement agreement with the owner
- Execute marketing plan
- Qualify Buyers
- Negotiate offers
- Close transaction
The professional Business Brokers at Murphy will design a custom plan to promote your business to likely buyers. We directly market your business through global networks and on multiple websites, which means that you have a powerful network of business brokers working with us to find the perfect buyer.
We understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality, so information about your business is shared with potential buyers in stages as their level of interest heightens. Our brokerage firm does not disclose Confidential information without a signed Confidentiality Agreement and a buyer application. We work toward a full disclosure with either an Offer to Purchase or a Letter of Intent to Purchase.
That’s not all! We use our banking and financing contacts to assist the buyer and arrange favorable financing. This includes traditional financing, small business loans (SBA) or the use of non-traditional lenders. By doing this, we can also help minimize the amount of seller financing.